So apparently someone (Thank you Miss Smelling the Honeysuckle) liked my wee slightly relevant blog enough to nominate me for a Liebster Award and want to know more about what’s going on in my crazy head! Shocking, but very sweet.
What is the Liebster Award?
“Liebster” is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
How it works:
1. Add the award icon to your blog
2. Link to your nominator to say thank you
3. Each blogger should post 11 facts about themselves
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create 11 questions for your nominations to answer
5. Choose 11 up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, go to their blog, and tell them about the award
11 Facts I’m not sure you need to know about me:
1. I will watch anything on Food Network (whilst eating food myself), even reruns.
2. I’m really picky (euphemism for pretentious) about music – I only listen to male indie bands (having female vocals is acceptable but they cannot be the only vocals I hear), remixes of said indie bands, or electro-house. The last time I listened to top 40s was 2008 (?) and I have no idea what’s totes pops right now.
3. I love trying weird and creepy foods (hello brains and weird organs only Asians eat), but will NOT EAT MUSHROOMS. I draw a line somewhere people.
4. I wanted to be a fashion designer for the longest time and design/sew my own clothing and accessories from time to time still.
5. I am caffeine-free, no tea, no coffee, no sodas. I drank 1/3 a cup of coffee once a work and ended up laughing until I cried at some poor girl I liked to make fun of.
6. I’m super sweet and nice to people I like but 90% of my humor and jokes are based off of making fun of and judging people. I’m snarky, deal with it.
7. I never wear real pants (i.e. ones with zippers and buttons). I recently bought a pair and it freaked me out. Jeggings and dresses (NOT AT THE SAME TIME), all the way.
8. I drink a gallon of water a day and even get up in the middle of the night to drink water. I’m obsessed with H2O.
9. I have a tattoo (shhh don’t tell my mom) that says “ad adstra” in lettering I designed. Short for the Latin phrase, ad astra per aspera – through hardness to the stars.
10. I grew up dirt poor and on free food and charity clothes but turned out okay. I splurge and am not thrifty at all but have a better grip on finances than many of my friends in their early-mid twenties.
11. I am like the most awkward human being ever. Or so I think. Until I have a few drinks at least – then I’m your long lost BFF who wants to hang out forever and ever and ever.
Questions for me from Smelling the Honeysuckle:
- What sweet/chocolate can you not resist? I’m not a huge sweets person but I’d have to say, gelato? I find myself eating out of a pint of ice cream every night. So I guess I like it.
- Poirot or Marple? Ok, honestly I had to google this one. Still no idea but apparently they are characters in mystery novels. I can’t do mystery novels, or suspense, or anything slightly scary (I’m looking at you Harry Potter, yes, even with the poor writing).
- Spring Flowers or Autumn leaves? I don’t think we have a huge spring in DC – usually it just oscillates between too-cold-for-May and why-am-I-sweating-in-March. I love autumn though but it’s been so hot this year.
- Autobots or Decepticons? Am I terrible for having to google this too? I’m not super into pop culture. I’ll pick Decepticons b/c the good guys win all the time.
- Favourite movie? Amelie. It makes me warm and fuzzy inside.
- Your happiest memory? Ummmmmmmmmm going to Italy and Croatia with my boyfriend this spring. Or my year in London. Or going to Greece/Istanbul. TOO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM.
- Favourite alcoholic/faux alcoholic tipple? Oh god, I’m going to expose how much of an alcoholic I am aren’t I? I love Pinot Gris for a casual wine with dinner, or a nice IPA beer for casual happy hour. For more aggressive drinking I go for whiskey ginger or vodka soda? For fancy schmancy I ain’t paying the bill drinking I get some sort of martini or margarita.
- What type of car do you drive? OMG I DON’T DRIVE I EPITOMIZE AWFUL ASIAN FEMALE DRIVER.
- Which is better Christmas or Birthday presents? I usually say no to either and just get what I want when I want it….
- Describe your favourite night out. Delicious dinner out with copious vino, then (not too full) dancing with great music at a not-too-divey bar, or if we’re feeling nostalgic, a club. Feet don’t hurt despite being in heels, not cold despite being in short skirt. Drunk food afterwards.
- City or countryside? I’ve lived in a city for the past six years and cannot imagine living in the ‘burbs, but there is something rustic and beautiful about the countryside. I hate nature though so I’d vacation once a year in the country to hike and not camp but live in the city.
Ok those were super long answers to those questions and revealed to myself that I 1) drink too much, 2) might be nearing too old to party, 3) don’t want to grow up, and 4) might be a weirdo.
I’m kind of scared of nominating people (I KNOW ITS THE RULES PEOPLE) (hello social anxiety even on the internet).